This gallery contains 5 photos.
Being pregnant doesn’t have to be an expensive endeavor where dressing is concerned. If you know how to build your basic wardrobe by buying a few well chosen quality pieces, you should be fine through most of your pregnancy. The key is to plan early, not necessarily buy early. Buying too early leaves some women at a stump by the last trimester as sometimes there is a greater weight gain than expected. Planning, on the other hand, prepares you in knowing what and where you will buy your pieces when it comes time, without getting yourself all stressed out in the process. Here is a list of items that you should consider planning for. These are not just maternity essentials but wardrobe essentials that are fantastic starting points that can be built up.
1. Leggings: Thick pant like quality leggings are the perfect item to wear with tunics. Lighter weight leggings in opaque colors are fantastic to wear with a sexy short skirt or sweater dress; the perfect look for mommies who are pregnant during cold weather months. Maternity leggings are more cost efficient than maternity pants and can easily take you through your full 9 months. While maternity pants are great up until the start of your final trimester, leggings tend to continue to be comfortable bottom options well into the third trimester. A worthwhile investment as you will find yourself living in them post baby!
2. Neutral T-shirts: A t-shirt in both black and white solid colors are definite essentials. Basics are great, especially for layering, yet try to find T’s in these neutrals with a little bit of character. A different style neckline, sleeve head or perhaps some pleats (ruching) at the sides to liven it up a little.
3. Sweater Wrap: Sweater wraps a wonderful addition to any woman’s wardrobe, especially in the spring or fall when the weather can be a little temperamental. These amazing sweaters can be worn pre pregnancy, during the largest point in pregnancy and make wonderful after pregnancy items. Investing in a good quality sweater wrap can be beneficial as it keeps you feeling fashionable throughout your pregnancy and serves well as a nursing cover afterward. This makes your investment one that is good to go for at least 2 full years. Not bad!
4. Maternity Tunics: While maternity tops are great and a worthwhile investment for the first two trimesters and post pregnancy (for nursing), tunics go a little bit further. The added length and room in the middle accommodate your growing belly and back side creep ups are practically non-existent. You may pay more for a tunic than a maternity top but less for leggings (than maternity pants). The trade off is that a Tunic with Leggings will have a longer possibility of wear ability!
5. Black stretch pants: This is a necessity, especially for those ladies in the office. Your maternity pant doesn’t have to be black; you can choose another neutral based color like gray, brown or navy blue, depending on your taste. Find yourself a good fitting pair and expect that you will begin to wear this mid first trimester and well into mid-third trimester. Should you gain a little more than expected, these pants may not take you to the very end. Understand that you will get continues use out of them post baby.
6. A Little Black Maternity dress. The little black dress goes a long way for everyone, including pregnant mommas! This little number can be dressed up and down with the right choice of accessories. Although, going for the ultra basic black dress is something that most women will do so as to “stay safe”, try something bold and go for one that has a little bit of flare. Are you tiny on top? Try a cute little a-line strapless style. Do you have a full chest with a great pair of lady legs? How about a V-Neck , ruched number with a short hemline? Whatever you choose, have fun!
7. The proper undergarments: Breasts tend to enlarge quite quickly in early pregnancy. Investing in a good, natural fitting bra is important. Maternity bras are not necessary at the very beginning; however, plan to buy some in your second trimester. If you are planning on nursing, then buying maternity bras will be the best option as these are made to make nursing easier with special clip up cups.
Maternity panties are another investment that you should make, yet later on when you have a fuller tummy to accommodate. This is an item that you will be buying for a short time use so you should be find with 3-4 pairs that you can wash often.
8. Maternity Jeans: Jeans are a part of women’s wardrobe before pregnancy, so they need to remain part of a women’s wardrobe during pregnancy! Begin researching that perfect pair when you find out about your upcoming event! Yet plan to buy to wear as of your 12-16th week if you wish to have the most wear out of your lovely blues! As that beloved pair of black maternity stretch pants, these babies may not be the most comfortable option the last two weeks of pregnancy, so don’t be discouraged.
9. A sweat suit: Ok so the term Sweat suit doesn’t sound so sexy, but a cuter than cute front zip hoody and a sexy pair of yoga pants will come a long way. These are perfect items to kick out around the house at night and will take you very far! W worthwhile investment!
10. Accessories: You can never have enough accessories! These nifty items can be worn well after your pregnancy! They can make the same dress look different in so many ways. Splurge in this area as these are items you will hold on to for a long time! Shoes and sandals also fall under this category. For moms who are in their third trimester during the hot summer months, cute and inexpensive flip flop thong shoes are a great way to snazzy up any outfit. These types of little shoes come in such vibrant and funky colors with flowers and other types of decorative trims.
Bottom line is to have fun! Maternity time is the perfect time to buy that crazy fashion item for the season! Enjoy your special time and more importantly enjoy making yourself look and feel fantastic!
Visit The MaliMoo Baby online maternity store for some inspiring maternity wear ideas!
Being pregnant is a beautiful time in a woman’s life yet there are those fated days where we feel just a little bit less than beautiful. When these moments hit, we often forget about the simple things that can make a difference in the way we feel about ourselves. The absolute worst feeling is the overwhelming nausea that hits many women in the beginning of pregnancy. I was cursed with 4 solid months of 24 hour nausea that could only be relieved with ginger. Unfortunately it would only holdout for half an hour at a time, but any relief was welcome.
Here are a few things that can make you feel more awake and look less green on those nauseous days. I can’t guarantee that you will feel any less disgusting, but I can at least assure that no one will really notice (I hope)!
1. A quick splash with Ice water. I’m guessing that this isn’t what you were expecting to see as the first thing on this list, but you will be surprised at what a nice ice filled bowl can do! Fill a nice bowl with ice and water, submerge your freshly washed face into it for several seconds. Repeat a minimum of 5 times. Ok now tell me how quickly you forgot how bad your day was going? Maybe this even shocked you out of your nausea for just a split second? Your cheeks are now blushing with color I’m sure!
2. Moisturize and make-up. Now that your face is a glow, how about slathering on some moisturizer and mascara on to that fresh face? Add a dab of lip gloss. Aren’t you feeling much better already? Try finding scent-free options for this time in your pregnancy as many women abhor smells!
3. Hair. Yes hair is a kind of extra special topic when you’re pregnant. All kinds of funky things happen to it. It can become more dry, or oily. It can begin falling out or may actually become the crowning glory you always dreamed of! Tying it back in a knot day to day won’t make you feel any sexier. Do something different. Invest in some colorful hair clips or bands. Take 5 minutes to pull a curler or straightener through it. I’m sure you can survive 5 minutes without throwing up! I hope?
4. Add some color close to your face. Nothing says awake or alive like the right color. IF you know what color makes you shine on the drabbest day, wear it. And wear it often! Whether a top or scarf, even a piece of jewelry, nothing does it better than some sexy color close to your face. IF you’re feeling extra sick, go for some vicious prints. People will be so drawn to the excitement of your blouse that they won’t notice how green you really look!
5. Last but not least, invest in some candied ginger. For those of you who aren’t fans, consider it a short term thing and give it a shot. Candied ginger is much less spicy than natural ginger and coated with sweetness. Not to sound gross here either, but for those of you ladies who can’t get much of a toothbrush close to your teeth or have issues with real vomiting, having candied ginger to snack on goes a long way in more ways than one!
Good luck and may your natural glow take over your nauseous green complexion sooner than later!
This gallery contains 7 photos.
That very first trip is the most important one! MaliMoo Baby has a nice selection of products to choose from.
These items are also very popular items chosen in our Baby Registry!
The perfect 4 to take with you to the hospital for your very special day!
New to the MaliMoo Baby Boutique this month and also available in Canada, The new Sophia Diaper bag is a sure winner with its 4 VERY DISTINCT colours!
Baby registries help confused guests by helping them pick out a gift they know the surprised mama has asked for! People are getting sick and tired of wearing used baby blue hospital gowns and want to bring baby into the world with a little more style! MaliMoo Baby Maternity carries the full line of Pretty Pushers!
Babies love to be warm! MaliMoo Baby carries lovely BamBoo Baby swaddling blankets! Comes in packs of 3.
For mom’s wanting to nurse, a comfortable and easy to wear nursing bra is essential!